RECIPE for Ganjee
Serves 5 people
INSTRUCTIONS for Ganjee
1. Add 2 tbsp’s of butter to pan very gently warm with semolina, pinch of cardamom powder, 1 inch cinnamon, and seeds from 2 cardamom pods.
2. Be careful not burn – gently brown – the colour will change similar to halva.
3. Add the sabudana (tapioca)
4. Follow with 1 litre of milk.
5. Cook for about ten mins.
6. Put 13 almonds into a pan with hot water and boil to remove skin. After a few mins peel and grind almonds and add to the pan.
7. Simmer for a further 10 mins, watch milk as it may over boil.
8. Add 3-4 spoons of sugar and simmer for another 5 mins.
9. Cool and add to glasses and place in fridge – best served nice and cold.